Today I wanted to do a book review, mainly because I've actually never done like, a long, detailed book review before. So I thought I would do one today! Yay!
Note: May contain mild spoilers.
So, the book is Geek Girl by Holly Smale.
Rating: 7/10
This book was actually quite a nice read, although I think it could be better. I was actually expecting more from it, so note to self: don't put your expectations too high. I thought that I would totally be able to relate to the main character, Harriet, but I didn't.
Here are my problems with the book:
- It's unrealistic. I mean, the chances of you getting spotted by a modelling agency even when you say, "I don't want to do it", is highly unlikely. And I don't get how everyone apparently hated Harriet, and no one even told the teacher or anything that Alexa was bullying Harriet. Alexa seemed harmless, to be honest.
- Nick. Ok, so I don't hate Nick or anything, but seriously? Like after meeting him only twice, they're already in love? Not to mention the ending. It was sweet and all, but... it's happening too fast, I think.
I also liked Annabel a lot. I loved her and Harriet's relationship, and how much of a real mother she is to her. Very sweet :)
So overall, the book was great. A few bits dragged on a bit, but other than that, I would definitely recommend this to girls who are self-conscious maybe. It might help :)
-Kelly xx

Nice review! I might try it sometime :)
ReplyDeleteCool kelly. I made a blog just now. It already got 8 pageviews from the united states! This is a great review. Sorry I copied it. I didn't know u did it on this book as well.
ReplyDelete